Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cooper FINALLY has a middle name!!

Ok, me and David have been going round and round about Cooper's middle name! Dawson is named after David (Dawson means "son of David") so we knew we really wanted to use a family name for Cooper's middle name. After months of debating and going back and forth, we have decided on Cooper Burnes Rousse! My great-grandfather's name was Burnes (PaPa) and it was also used as my mother's middle name. He was the chief of campus police at Ole Miss, and was the officer chosen to protect James Meredith when he was admitted to Ole Miss. Needless to say, we all have very fond memories of him! My mother was very excited that we chose that name, and my grandmother said PaPa would have been very honored that we chose to name our son after him! I hope our little Cooper will grow up to be an honorable man like our PaPa was!

No comments: